Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I know I'll Cry"




Our conversation in the car on the way home from Utah Monday...


Me-Hey Olivia...we should go to the mall after Daddy and Daxton fall asleep and have your ears pierced. (laughing inside)

Olivia-Yeah! that's a good idea!

Collin-looks at me with eyebrow raised

Olivia-I saw it on my baby show, this girl got her ears pierced. They snapped the earrings in. I know I'll cry.

DONE DEAL!


I tried to get Olivia's ears pierced years ago...like when she was born. I asked Collin then, "On a scale of 1-10, 10 being divorce, how upset would you be?" Collin-"12!" Okay...won't bring that up again. I asked him what changed his mind this time and he said it was because Olivia chose to and already knew that it might hurt. She made Collin take a walk around the mall when we went that night. That was pretty funny.. "No Daddy!, go away on a walk!" She picked out her earrings..I helped her make a better choice, then she climbed up in the chair with her furry kitty friend and sat so still. She didn't even cry. I couldn't believe it. What a cutie! Daxton has been asking for earrings in his ears now. That really makes daddy happy. It's not my fault that Daxton thinks he needs to do EVERYTHING Olivia does. (including her dance routines) haha-That is a fun one to watch by the way. He's working on his leaps! lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! you did it?!!!!
That is CRAZY that she was so good about it!!
You should totally find one of those magnetic earings for Daxton.....just to make Collin flip. ha ha! that would be funny!!
(and did you paint Olivia's room?)

The Marshall Family said...

I love the pics of her...so cute!

mandbrid said...

Oh...I'm so going to take Bronwyn it now! She looks too cute in her pretty earrings...I'm glad that Collin finally let you do it. How's the pregnancy going??

Candace said...

Hello from the Taylors!! I told Mark I found your blog and he said "Cool, You found my brother!?" So fun to see pics of your cute family!

Julie said...

Sarah just got those exact earrings. It took quite the convincing from Sam but he finally gave in and let her do it. Olivia looks so cute!!

Melissa said...

She is so stinkin cute! Love the pierced ears! I was so excited to see a comment from you on my blog, looks like you guys are doing great!