Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

Every year we spend 4th of July in Idaho Falls. It is like Christmas to Collin. Things have changed over the years. All the buddies have gotten married and are having kids. The boys have traditionally spent an evening shooting roman candles at each other. When they started getting married things changed as you can imagine. I was NOT okay with the possibility of Collin losing an eye to a roman candle. The tradition, although fun for many years has ceased. Sorry boys. The parade has never been my favorite. It is very long and hot outside...the past 2 years we have gone to Smitty's Pancake House for breakfast while everyone else sits in the heat. I love our new tradition. Olivia didn't like the fireworks at all. She made me cover her ears and she kept her eyes closed for most of it. Daxton loved them for the first 10-15 minutes the next 15 he was bored and decided to start up a conversation with a stranger seated in front of us. Poor guy missed the 2nd half. We had a lot of fun this past weekend. Visiting with family and friends. I appreciate our air conditioning much more-as no one has it in Idaho Falls.

Crazy people.




5 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Let me just start by saying, HOLY CRUD! YOU ARE ALIVE!! It's nice to have a new post! :)

Then I will say look at your cute little family! Oh, I miss you guys! You should come see me! I MEAN IT!

mandbrid said...

You guys look so sweet - it almost made me cry! Wish we could have watched the fireworks with you...

The Marshall Family said...

We missed seeing everyone for the
4th. Looks like you had fun. I love Olivia's new haircut...she looks so big.

Anonymous said...

haha i am gona have to agree with amy, thanks for the update! that is a sweet picture of the fireworks!! and your hair is way pretty. love it. looks super straight in the pictures. can't wait for "christmas in july"

Unknown said...

YOu guys are just too dang cute :)