Monday, May 26, 2008

New Friend

So...its a lazy Sunday afternoon and we are just hanging out in the living room when all of a sudden-We hear a loud thunderous crack against the living room window. It scared us it was so loud. :) I looked out the window and what did I see? Not popcorn popping on the apricot tree..but a robin laying on its death bed on our sidewalk. Gasping for air and unconscious. The kids and I just watched it forever. Collin and I were afraid we would have to dispose of a dead bird while the kids watched nearby with their innocent little faces. "mommy, why is the bird just laying there? is it okay? what happened?" Then there is Daxton, "ditty, ditty ditty!" His way of saying birdie. After what seemed like 20 minutes (probably only 5 at the most) the bird rolled over and jumped up on his little feet. He just stood there not moving for another "20 minutes". I talked Collin into taking out a dish of water. If I had just suicide bombed into a glass window pane I would want a sip of water to shake it off. Wouldn't you? I took Olivia outside to take a picture and I was right next to the bird as you can see. I held he camera only about a foot away from it. After snapping a few pictures robin decided to fly to the roof to a safer location. I hope he doesn't have amnesia from slamming his head into our window. THAT was the excitement at our house a couple Sundays ago. Asleep yet?

I have discovered that we can straighten Olivias unruly hair. It is much fun and there is minimal damage done I'm sure. ;) She likes it because it's straight like mommys hair is. Her hair is so thin though and I have put so many layers in (to help evenly distribute the curls), that she looks like she is wearing a wig from the side and back. So I decided to keep those pictures out. Sure does change her appearance though.

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

THAT was funny...SAD, but still funny! I could just see you all pressed up against the window staring at it! SO FUNNY!

You look so much like your mom! OH MY!

Cute Liv! I can't believe that she is that big! They are growing up so much!

How are YOU feeling by the way?

The Marshall Family said...

Wow that is a crazy story...poor bird. You got an awesome pic out of it though!! Oliva's hair looks cute. In the pic it does not look like a wig :)

mandbrid said...

Olivia looks SO different with her hair straight ... it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

poor bird!!! I guess you better stop cleaning your windows so much. ;) That is a good reason not to do the work.......save the birds!!

Olivia's hair makes her look so different!! I actually like it better curley, but she is so cute no matter what, so who cares right!