It started out bad with only 4-5 hours of sleep under my belt. I just knew it wouldn't be a good day. I drove to the gas station in a haze and purchased my liquid gold, diet coke, and set off to the mall by myself. I thought maybe it could turn into an okay day. I hit the green lights and it was smooth sailing. As soon as I entered the mall I knew I was in trouble when asked my phone number after a transaction and two seconds later forgot that I had given it to the cashier. She calls me by name and I am amazed because in my mind I think I've only given her my zip code. Then the machine asks for my pin number and I can't recall what a pin number is let alone why it would be asking for it. I walk away mulling over what just happened and wonder if I should turn around and go home. I decide not to and keep meandering through the mall. Suddenly I am blindsided by a salesman with incredible selling tactics from a not to be mentioned kiosk, and $200 later I'm walking away. Not until an hour later as I sit down in my car do I realize this purchase is WAY more than I thought it was going to be...threw up in mouth a bit. So...returned to the mall and questioned earlier mentioned salesman. He kindly lets me know that I made the purchase correctly and got a GREAT deal. (as I'm throwing up in mouth again). Receipt does say in bold print NO REFUNDS! I call Collin crying and apologizing for my stupidity, whereas he compassionately tells me, "Sweetie, just go home and take a nice nap and we'll take care of it when you wake up." I drive back to my moms where I am currently "living" and walk into an even bigger problem. The family pet Coco, a $500 cockatiel, (ok, only $140, but might as well have been $500), has been released into the wild outdoors of Clearfield, Utah...BY MY FABULOUS SON Daxton. No one knows how or when or if it really was Daxton that opened his cage. We all assume it was. I spent most of the day in tears, telling my Mom, Step Dad and Collin sorry over and over again. We all survived the trauma, thank goodness!
The evening was relaxing, I must say. I gave up my upcoming birthday and Christmas gifts in exchange for my newly purchased Body scrub and butter from the Dead Sea. My mom and I put on our sundresses headed out to the deck and had a night of pampering. We sat and just talked, used the new scrub from Israel, and played scrabble. It was the perfect ending to a no good rotten horrible day.
MISSING:
Pet cockatiel name-Coco
Please call if found!
Pet cockatiel name-Coco
Please call if found!
Also MISSING:
$200 from my bank account going to a well deserved thick accented salesman named Udi....no doubt from Israel
$200 from my bank account going to a well deserved thick accented salesman named Udi....no doubt from Israel




8 comments:
Ahhh, you make me laugh. But then I kind of felt bad for laughing. Hopefully, you are laughing a bit too now that they day is over and done with! And here's hoping tomorrow is a brighter day, free form bank account draining Udis!
Great story telling! I seriously thought I was reading a joke/story from something you found on-line and put it on here for our amusement...until I read the name Collin. I thought it was odd that my brother's name could be in this great story. Had to read it again. Sorry about the $200 but laughing my sorry BUTT off at Boogie letting the dog out (sorry, but HI-larious!!!!!!). Hope you find the dog soon. Great story
though...loved it. Kim had a similar event (sans the lost dog) at Fashion Place Mall. Sitting there chilling with my father-in-law and out comes Kim from Bare Essentials (sp?) after spending $250. Needless to say, Collin was much nicer to you in your $200 spree. Enjoy!
Well I wish it was a dog that was let out because then there would be a better chance of it coming back. Unfortunately it was a BIRD...and well, his wings werent clipped. He could be to Cali by now. ;) Doubt we'll ever see him again.
I have fell for that Israli foot scrub too! They totally get you into it and then you don't really notice the bill. It's good stuff though.
:(
I am so sorry!! You really need to blame it all on the builders. Send them the tab and tell them to get your house done NOW!
I also thought it was a dog you were talking about. ha ha! shows how much I know about animals.
Even if it was a horrible day, I am glad you got to get out and do your own thing for a while. That is always nice! (even if things don't go right......)
Ok, that totally made me laugh! For a second I thought that no name kiosk was Living Scriptures, but then I remembered that when I walked away I had spent nearly $3,000, to be paid in monthly installments of $36.00. YOWZA! Totally worth it in the end (you know, 7 years later). Ryan wasn't quite as compassionate! :)
I am glad you ended up happier and pampered though! :)
Oh how funny! Collin took it better than Mike would have! I had a similar situation happen to me... it wasn't quite 200.00 but it ended up being way more than I thought I was going to spend and more than the item was worth! We all do silly things!
Love you Elizabeth! Hope the awesome weekend we all had helped you forget about the crappy day!!! Can't wait for next year!
Post a Comment