Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mixed Media

While making dinner today I overheard Olivia singing this song while playing the piano....

"I love to see the Temple, I'm going there someday.
To feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray.
(mumbles words, something about her sister Maci I think)
Shake your booty."
NOW...it has been a while since I attended primary, so correct me if I'm wrong. Shake your booty was not apart of "I love to see the temple". HA...I love kids.

7 comments:

Amber said...

That is awesome! And maybe they have added a new verse since our primary days so many years ago! I once asked my mom if she would make "Tillwe meat" for dinner, you know "Till We Meet Again."

The Marshall Family said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo YOUR kid. ha ha! Come on, admit it!!! You sing "I love to see the temple" like that when you are home and no one can hear you. ha ha!

mandbrid said...

"a place of love and beauty" hilarious!

Unknown said...

That is cry-out-loud funny :) I'm the Primary Music leader in our branch, do you think I can get away with a little "shake your booty?" :)

My sis used to call me "doot-dee" when she was little because she couldn't say my name and at the end of this song, when it says, "this is my sacred doot-dee" (duty) she thought it was a song about me :) Sweet!

Chelsi said...

That is hilarious I love all the funny things you overhear them saying!!

Julie said...

Thanks for your comments. I don't know why it is so hard for some of us and the other moms it comes so naturally. I too cry myself to sleep sometimes thinking of all the unfun things I did with the kids and not one fun thing. I am really trying to be better but sometimes it is so hard! Anyway, hope things are so good for you guys!!!